1/2 Photos of Garlic Mushroom Risotto
Warm and comforting! I have used long grain rice in this also, just increased the liquid and cooking time, and also sometimes omit the cheese. The great thing about risotto is it's so adaptable!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute mushrooms in butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, in a deep skillet, saute the onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until soft.
- 4Stir in the rice and cook 1 minute, coating rice with the oil.
- 5Stir in 1 cup of the hot broth and let simmer until the liquid is mostly absorbed, stirring frequently.
- 6Repeat with the remaining broth and hot water.
- 7Taste for doneness: the rice should be creamy and slightly chewy in the center, not dry.
- 8Add more hot liquid if necessary to cook longer.
- 9Total cooking time should be 20-25 minutes.
- 10Stir in the mushrooms, cheese and parsley and season to taste.
- 11Cook till warmed through.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Mushroom Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.2
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 535.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 9.7 g