Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My DH cannot eat red meat for health reasons, so I have to get creative sometimes! I made this up last week. DH keeps telling me I need to post this recipe on here because he loved it, so here it is!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 5 mushrooms, sliced and sauteed
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed and sauteed
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Sauté mushrooms and garlic.
- Mix with ground pork.
- Add 3 splashes of Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Broil in oven 10 minutes (depending on oven), flipping once.
- *I would also probably add some chopped onion to the sauté, but DH can't have those, so I haven't tried it.
I really enjoyed these burgers - although I didn't serve them on buns like a traditional burger, they were very flavorful. I only used 2.5 cloves of garlic, and feel that next time, I will definately tone it down some more.
Drowned in Ketchup, mine was fantastic. My husband was not a fan, but my 1.5 year old ate it up! 2 out of 3 ain't half bad.
... maybe I didn't use enough mushroom to balance out the garlic, but phew! I can still taste it! Otherwise, this was a really great flavor combination, and I will definately be making it agian. Thanks for sharing!
Simple ingredients for a simply delicious burger. Served with a side salad of tomatoes, onion & Basil salad and oven fries Lovely combination. I fried onions to go on the burger and just a touch of mustard.