Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
You might become a social outcast after eating this dish. This calls for one cup of finely chopped garlic! This one's right up Rise's alley!Hope she likes mushrooms!
- 16 large fresh mushrooms, for stuffing
- 1⁄2 lb fresh small mushroom
- 1 cup finely diced fresh garlic (yes 1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Trim mushrooms-discard ends.
- Remove stems and ch0op together with the small mushrooms.
- Saute garlic, chopped almonds in half of the butter until mushrooms are deep brown and well cooked.
- Add ground beef and cook until beef is no longer pink.
- Add 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs and mix thoroughly.
- Line bottom of greased casserole dish with 8 large mushrooms open side up.
- Press sauted mixture firmly over mushrooms.
- Use remaining 8 large mushrooms to cover sautueed mixture, open side down.
- Sprinkle with grated Swiss or Mozzarella, remaining bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- dot with remaining butter.
- bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.