Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had a craving and couldn't find a recipe so I made one up myself. These are so good.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Combine flour, baking powder, oregano, basil and salt in a bowl and mix well. Stir in shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is coated in the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl combine milk, butter, egg and garlic. Stir well. Pour into dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Grease muffin pan and fill cups 2/3 of the way full of mix.
- Bake at 400º for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
- These reheat well.
We enjoyed these for Saturday lunch with pizza soup. While baking, the garlic aroma was very strong, and I was worried the flavour would be overwhelming, but it's not. They were very tasty, only mildly garlicky. Both of my fussy children liked them very much, both warm from the oven and cooled off later. Thanks, CoffeeMom.
I made these right away after you posted the photo! They're bisuit-like and have a nice garlic flavor. We served them with cheese stuffed shells. I think a little melted butter brushed on top after baking would taste really good also. Thanks for such a delicious recipe.
These are delicious! I wanted something quick to go with lasagna and didn't have garlic bread so I made these. I may not add quite as much butter next time.