Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb sugar snap pea (2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups fresh peas or 2 cups thawed frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat a large saucepan of water to boiling. Add the snap peas and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under running cold water. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook the garlic in the oil until golden.
- Remove and discard the garlic. Add the sugar snap peas and fresh or thawed peas and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the mint, sugar, and salt.