Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Making mayonnaise in a food processor is easy. But remember, since homemade mayonnaise is uncooked, be sure to use the freshest eggs possible, and ones that you are reasonably sure are free from salmonella. Homemade mayonnaise will last three to four days in the refrigerator.
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed (or more)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups light vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Place vinegar, egg, pressed garlic and mustard in a food-processor bowl.
- With the machine running, slowly pour the oil in a steady stream through the top.
- Although it defies logic, the more oil you add, the thicker the mayo becomes.
- Season with salt and pepper.