1/1 Photo of Garlic Mayo (Ali Oli)
Whenever I ask what I should bring to a gathering, this is always requested! It goes well with EVERYTHING! Steak, hamburgers, chicken, pork, on sandwiches, in potato salad, on sausages (brats, dogs, polish), and on fries. It keeps well in the fridge for about a week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the egg, garlic and salt in a food processor.
- 2Turn on, and whir until garlic is completely blended--I sometimes mash it first, even before adding it to the machine.
- 3This is very important--Add the oil in a THIN steady stream--no thicker than spaghetti, especially at first.
- 4Continue to add the oil in a steady stream until the mayo thickens.
- 5Add the vinegar and process a couple seconds more.
- 6Note:If for some reason the mayo does not thicken (it happens), remove the mixture from the food processor to a spouted container, put another egg into the food processor and add the previous mixture in a thin, steady stream, and it will thicken.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Mayo (Ali Oli)
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.8
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 20.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g