Recipe by Dancer^
If your a garlic lover you will enjoy this.
Top Review by rosie316
I made these last night as a side to go with my Recipe #507211 dinner. I considered making a double batch to freeze some, but I figured because it was just the 3 of us, so there would be left-overs, but I didn't. We polished off the entire batch. (Wishing now that I would have). These are super potatoes! I love anything "garlic" and these did not disappoint. They are quite easy to make, and well worth the time they do take. Great garlic flavor. I've saved this recipe. Thanks for posting. (Made for My 3 Chefs)
- 5 large russet potatoes, peeled and quartered (baking, about 3 1/2 pounds)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic (about 6 cloves)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover, plus 1/2 tsp.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the tip of a knife inserted into the potatoes meets no resistance, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- When the oil shimmers, add the garlic and saute, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and reduce by one third over medium heat, about 12 minutes.
- Thoroughly drain the potatoes.
- Transfer them to a large bowl or the bowl of a mixer and add the cream mixture.
- Using a hand masher and wooden spoon, or a mixer with a paddle attachment, whip the potatoes until smooth.
- Fold in the butter, season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.