Recipe by justcallmetoni
Tired of mashed potatoes? This offers a delicious change of pace with a tasty blend of flavors and textures.
Top Review by Trnquilit
This really surprised me. I really didn't make it completely cause I only had potatos & mixed carrots (orange, yellow & purple) but it was still excellent! Will definately have to try with the squash & turnip!
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 12 ounces butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free chicken broth, at room temperature or warmed up a bit
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all of the vegetables in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until all of the vegetables are cooked, about 12 minutes. Test by piercing different pieces with a fork.
- Drain the water from the pot. Add the broth and sour cream and mash by hand. If your family prefers smooth and creamy, by all means use a mixer. Add in the thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.