Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here is a tasty potato dish that I had while I was at Duke Diet Fitness Center in Durham NC. This recipe makes about 5 c. Serving = 1/2 c. 105 calories per serving Nutritional Facts: Fat 2 g Carbohydrates 20 g Protein 2 g Sodium 360 mg
- 6 cups baking potatoes, peeled, and cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 12 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a Dutch oven. Cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 mins., or until tender.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Combine potato mixture, reserved cooking liquid, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Using a mixer beat at med. speed, until smooth.
- Drizzle oil over potatoes.