Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe was featured in an email from the www.sparkrecipes.com website. Submitted by ANITAWPG - "A great side dish that will accompany any main course OR terrific as a main dish all on it's own."
Top Review by Cats Eye
Very nice! I made as written but didn't use the chicken broth. After mashing the veggies I realized that it would have turned into soup if I had added all that liquid. But I did add a half stick of butter for a little extra flavor!!
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and quartered
- 8 ounces butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and cut into chunks
- 5 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free chicken broth, warmed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes, carrots, squash, turnip and garlic into a saucepan and cover with water.
- Add 1/8 teaspoon salt, cover and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain well and mash vegetables.
- Stir in sour cream and chicken broth, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.