Creammmmy comfort food that you can make a meal out of.
Make and share this Garlic Mashed Potatoes With Mushrooms and Arugula (Rocket) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vermouth or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano or parsley)
- 8 cups arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb blue cheese
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 lb crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- In a large pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic stirring all the while cooking about 4 minutes the pan will be dry till the mushrooms release some liquid.
- Deglaze the pan with vermouth.
- Add salt, pepper flakes, herbs, nutmeg and arugula.
- Stir to slightly wilt.
- Remove to a dish and set aside.
- In the same pan heat milk add 1/2 pound blue cheese cook till melted.
- Add potatoes and mix together.
- Toss in the wilted arugula and mushroom mixture.
- Toss in optional crumbled blue cheese.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.