Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Creammmmy comfort food that you can make a meal out of.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vermouth or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano or parsley)
- 8 cups arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb blue cheese
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 lb crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- In a large pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic stirring all the while cooking about 4 minutes the pan will be dry till the mushrooms release some liquid.
- Deglaze the pan with vermouth.
- Add salt, pepper flakes, herbs, nutmeg and arugula.
- Stir to slightly wilt.
- Remove to a dish and set aside.
- In the same pan heat milk add 1/2 pound blue cheese cook till melted.
- Add potatoes and mix together.
- Toss in the wilted arugula and mushroom mixture.
- Toss in optional crumbled blue cheese.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Creamy and SO wonderfully flavoursome: a great blend of flavours. I made these exactly to the recipe except for the omission of the chili pepper flakes and using harvati instead of blue cheese (personal taste preferences) and basically wouldn't want to change a thing. :) I used low-fat milk, rosemary, sage and thyme. These were the perfect accompaniment to Noo's Sticky Onion and Sausage Baguettes. Thank you so much for sharing this super recipe, ~Rita~! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.