1/2 Photos of Garlic Mashed Potatoes With Mushrooms and Arugula (Rocket)
Creammmmy comfort food that you can make a meal out of.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup vermouth or 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano or parsley)
- 8 cups arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 lb blue cheese
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 lb crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 1In a large pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic stirring all the while cooking about 4 minutes the pan will be dry till the mushrooms release some liquid.
- 2Deglaze the pan with vermouth.
- 3Add salt, pepper flakes, herbs, nutmeg and arugula.
- 4Stir to slightly wilt.
- 5Remove to a dish and set aside.
- 6In the same pan heat milk add 1/2 pound blue cheese cook till melted.
- 7Add potatoes and mix together.
- 8Toss in the wilted arugula and mushroom mixture.
- 9Toss in optional crumbled blue cheese.
- 10Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Mashed Potatoes With Mushrooms and Arugula (Rocket)
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.2
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.5 mg
- Sodium 1032.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: