Recipe by Chef Decadent1
These creamy potatoes are guaranteed to please. The roasted garlic & sauteed onions give these potatoes a wonderful flavor....the addition of sour cream and freshly grated parmesan take them to the next level.
Top Review by I'mPat
Love caramelized onion in my mash but that roasted garlic took it up a good few notches, I used Carisma potatoes which are low GI and as my food processor was playing up I diced my onion as find as I could and mashed that through the potatoes with the rest of the ingredients, I scaled this back for 3 serves and we were all wishing there was more, thank you Chef Decadent 1, made for Healthy Choices 2013.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic cut top off garlic do not seperate the cloves as you will be roasting the garlic whole. brush the top of the garlic with 1 tsp oil. Wrap the bulb of garlic in tin foil and bake @ 425 for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet cook onion in remaining oil for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown stirring occasionally. Transfer the onions to a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water bring to a boil. Cook until tender. Drain and place potatoes in a large bowl. Squeeze softened garlic into bwl add the butter, sourcream, parmesan cheese, milk, salt and pepper and onion . Beat until mashed.