Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These creamy potatoes are guaranteed to please. The roasted garlic & sauteed onions give these potatoes a wonderful flavor....the addition of sour cream and freshly grated parmesan take them to the next level.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic cut top off garlic do not seperate the cloves as you will be roasting the garlic whole. brush the top of the garlic with 1 tsp oil. Wrap the bulb of garlic in tin foil and bake @ 425 for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet cook onion in remaining oil for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown stirring occasionally. Transfer the onions to a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water bring to a boil. Cook until tender. Drain and place potatoes in a large bowl. Squeeze softened garlic into bwl add the butter, sourcream, parmesan cheese, milk, salt and pepper and onion . Beat until mashed.
Love caramelized onion in my mash but that roasted garlic took it up a good few notches, I used Carisma potatoes which are low GI and as my food processor was playing up I diced my onion as find as I could and mashed that through the potatoes with the rest of the ingredients, I scaled this back for 3 serves and we were all wishing there was more, thank you Chef Decadent 1, made for Healthy Choices 2013.