Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
tried and true.
Make and share this Garlic Mashed Potatoes III recipe from Food.com.
- 7 cups baking potatoes, cubed, peeled
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes and garlic in a sauce pan, cover with water and bring to a boil. reduce heat and simmer for 20 min and drain.
- Return potatoes and garlic to the pan, add remaining ingredients.
- Beat at medium speed or mash until smooth.
This was easy to make, but when mashing the potatoes and garlic, be sure to get the garlic mashed. It is hard to find it in the potatoes, so you need to mash it all well. The taste is subtle, but true. You may want to add a little more butter and salt.
I use minced garlic so you don't have to worry about getting it all mashed up.
I thought this recipe was great! I did change it a little though. Instead of garlic cloves I used minced garlic run though my processer before adding to the potatoes. It was delicious! I did add more salt and pepper.