Garlic Mashed Potatoes II
- Separate the garlic cloves and cook in boiling water for 2 mins; cool and peel.
- Melt butter in heavy based saucepan and add peeled garlic. Cover and cook on low heat until tender but not browned.
- Meanwhile cook potatoes for 20 mins, or until tender.
- Remove butter-garlic mixture from the heat and stir in flour.
- Return to heat and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat again and stir in hot milk and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until thickened, stirring all the time. Push sauce through a sieve or blend until smooth, return to heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Drain and mash potatoes, and combine with sauce. Serve with any roast or poultry.