1/2 Photos of Garlic Mashed Potatoes from the Stinking Rose
1 hr 5 mins
This is a yummy dish from The Stinking Rose in San Francisco.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 heads garlic, unpeeled, separated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 18 ounces yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled, 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup smoked mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 2Mix garlic and oil in large baking dish.
- 3Bake until garlic is tender, about 30 minutes.
- 5Press garlic between fingertips to release cloves.
- 6Puree garlic in processor.
- 7Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender.
- 9Return potatoes to pot.
- 10Mash with potato masher.
- 11Add milk and butter and continue mashing until well blended.
- 12Mix in garlic puree and all remaining ingredients.
- 13Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 14Transfer potatoes to 6-cup baking dish.
- 15(Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before continuing).
- 16Bake potatoes until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- 17Spoon onto plates and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Mashed Potatoes from the Stinking Rose
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.4
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.4 mg
- Sodium 174.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 10.1 g