Don't be frightened by the amount of garlic. It becomes very mellow with cooking and tastes fantastic. My family loves these potatoes.
- Peel and chunk the potatoes.
- Add the whole cloves of garlic and cover with water.
- Bring to boiling and cook until fork-tender.
- Drain the water from the potatoes.
- Dissolve the bouillon in warmed milk.
- Mash the potatoes as usual (do not remove the garlic).
- Mash them together, with milk/bouillon mixture, butter, salt and pepper.
Loved these potatoes. What a great plan to add the garlic to the potatoes while cooking - it adds a nice subtle flavor. Thanks Margo59 for a nice new keeper. Made for Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
I was shocked I didn't have a review on these! I've made this recipe on at least 6 occasions since finding in October 2010. Absolutely love this recipe. Makes a lot and freezes okay -- well enough to use in a potato chowder crock pot soup -- and with the garlic, only enhanced the flavor of that recipe!
Thanks for posting!
Cooking the garlic with the potatoes does mellow out the flavor - Easy tasty recipe that garlic lovers will love (non garlic lovers too). I used powdered chicken soup base and just mashed it right in with the potatoes - no milk just a bit of the potato water Thanks for a tasty recipe Margo59