Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really nice recipe for those of us who love starch while still trying to watch our waistlines!
- 1 lb potato, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Cover and cook potatoes in a small amount of boiling water for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain and recover.
- Meanwhile, in a small suacepan over low heat, cook garlic in milk until garlic is soft, about 30 minutes.
- Add garlic-milk mixture and white pepper to potatoes.
- Beat with an electric mixture on low speed or mash until smooth.
Made these tonight to go with our dinner. They were pretty good, but a bit bland. I ended up adding some salt, and a bit of butter. Topped with a few green onions. Thanks so much for sharing!