Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Infused mashed potatoes with the flavor of roasted garlic,very creamy not watered down mashed potatoes.
- 4 lbs russet potatoes, peeled diced evenly
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Place cut potatoes in colander.Rinse under cold water until water runs clear.Drain thoroughly.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter in Dutch pot over medium heat. Cook garlic and sugar,stirring ofter until sticky and straw color 3-4 minutes.Add potatoes
- 1 1/4 cup half and half,water,and 1 tsp salt to the pot and stir to combine.Bring to a boil,then reduce heat to low and simmer,covered and stirring occasionally,until potatoes are tender and most of liquid is absorbed 25-30 minutes.
- Off heat ,add remaining butter to pot and mash pototoes until smooth.Using rubber spatula,fold in remaining half and half until liquid is absorbed and pototoes are creamy.Season with salt and pepper.
Good creamy potatoes! Made this as directed and ended up with creamy and garlicky potatoes. Simple and good. Thanks for sharing this. Made for Cookbook Tag.