Recipe by Christine Bettiga
Wonderful comfort food to go with your fish or chicken dish!
Top Review by loriyeargan
This was my first attempt at garlic mashed potatoes, and I must say they turned out GREAT!! I love the added flavor the cheese gave them. The amount of garlic was just right! I probably could've added a little more milk, cause they were a little sticky, but it could also be due to using skim milk, since that was all I had on hand. Either way, they were great, and really easy, and I'm sure I'll make them again.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced roasted garlic
- 3 shallots, finely diced with greens
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Season-All salt
- 1 dash garlic powder (optional)
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the potatoes, garlic and shallots in a large sauce pan.
- Cover with cold water at least 2 inches over the potatoes.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once it reaches a boil, remove lid, reduce heat to low and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes and garlic are soft.
- Drain well and pour potatoes and garlic back into saucepan.
- Add butter.
- Mash potato mixture well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the milk.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Return pan to low heat and add the milk/cream slowly, stirring constantly.
- Once potato mixture is creamy, remove from heat and serve.