- 6 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch chucks
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan cook potatoes in 2 inches boiling water, covered, about 10 minutes until tender; drain thoroughly, then shake potatoes over low heat 1 to 2 minutes to dry thoroughly.
- Mash potatoes with potato masher or beat with electric hand mixer; reserve.
- Place milk, butter and garlic in small saucepan; set over medium-low heat and simmer until heated through, beat into potatoes until thoroughly mixed and fluffy.
- Mix in additional milk, if necessary, to reach desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.