Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Very garlicky and VERY GOOD! Everyone loves this recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs mashed potatoes
- 6 roasted garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 lb sour cream
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried chives (skip if you use Top the Tater rather than sour cream)
- salt and pepper
- Clean and bake the potatoes.
- Shell out the potatoes and put into mixing bowl. Cut up the skin of one or two of the potatoes - mostly for color.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together in mixer.
- Thoroughly whip until creamy and smooth.
Yummy! I have never made mashed potatoes from baked potatoes before. I think that I'll bake a couple extra each time now when I want to have mashed potatoes later in the week. Thanks BrendaW for sharing this great recipe. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.