Recipe by NurseJaney
This wonderful recipe came from my friend, Diane, and both of us prepare this for almost every family occasion. It would not be a meal at Mama's without them. Easy to make ahead and complements everything.
Top Review by Noo
This recipe needs way more than five stars, as it made my potato hating 7 year old woof down mashed potato without a word of protest or complaint!!!
The only change I made was not to top with the breadcrumbs, as I used the mash to 'thatch' my cottage pie.
Smooth, creamy and oh so good...I could eat a plate full on it's own and be in heaven!!
Thanks for a great recipe NJ.
Made with great pleasure for AUS/NZ RECIPE SWAP #64
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 907.18 g idaho potatoes (4-5)
- 118.29 ml butter, cut in pieces
- 36.97 ml butter, cut in pieces
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 14.79 ml chopped parsley
- 118.29 ml dry breadcrumbs
- chopped chives, and if desired or sour cream, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam potatoes until tender.
- Beat JUST potatoes 'til no lumps remain.
- Beat in minced garlic cloves, salt, 1 stick butter, cream, and parsley -- adding liquid gradually and beating 'til creamy.
- Spoon into oil-sprayed baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and dot with remaining butter.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.