1/2 Photos of Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Easy rich, creamy mashed potatoes. Garlic is cooked and mashed with the potatoes. From Taste of Home, by Myra Innes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan; add enough water to cover.
- 2Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- 3Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes; drain.
- 4Transfer potatoes and garlic to a mixing bowl; mash or put through ricer.
- 5Add butter, cream and remaining salt; beat until smooth.
- 6Do not overbeat potatoes lest they turn into a glutenous mass!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.0
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 937.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 7.2 g