Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy rich, creamy mashed potatoes. Garlic is cooked and mashed with the potatoes. From Taste of Home, by Myra Innes.
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 15 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Place potatoes, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan; add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Transfer potatoes and garlic to a mixing bowl; mash or put through ricer.
- Add butter, cream and remaining salt; beat until smooth.
- Do not overbeat potatoes lest they turn into a glutenous mass!
Perfect, Perfect, Perfect! I was sooooooooooo afraid of that much garlic! Followed Directions Exactly! Thank you, we truly enjoyed these!
This recipe could not have been more delicious. We had to stop ourselves. Thank you for this it was easier than roasting the garlic and tasted amazing.
I used gold potatoes with the skins on and added minced garlic to them after they were drained. I also had to substitute Fat Free 1/2 & 1/2 for the cream. They still turned out fantastic! Enjoyed by all. Thanks!