Top Review by mirespada
This recipe was a good base but my mashed potatoes turned out runny . Had to boil more potatoes to make the consistency right which threw off my timing for getting out everything together. I added some fresh parsley (which I always have on hand) to bring In some more flavor. All in all it was a good recipe, not great. Would use another one next time.
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled, and sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 59.14 ml butter, room temp
- 177.44 ml 1% low-fat milk (start with 1/4 c. and add until your desired consistency)
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan, add potatoes, salt, garlic and cold water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cook until tender.
- Approximately 15-20 minute.
- Drain the potatoes and garlic leaving just enough water to cover the bottom of a large bowl.
- Put the potatoes and garlic through a ricer.
- Add the butter and stir until the butter is melted.
- Heat the milk in the microwave, in a glass measuring cup until hot, not boiling.
- Stir into the potatoes, garlic, water, and butter in the large bowl.
- You can use a hand mixer if you like.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.