Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the Food Network,Tyler Florence recipe. I changed a few things to our tastes. It is great with Meatloaf With Tomato Gravy.
- In a large sauce pan, add potatoes, salt, garlic and cold water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cook until tender.
- Approximately 15-20 minute.
- Drain the potatoes and garlic leaving just enough water to cover the bottom of a large bowl.
- Put the potatoes and garlic through a ricer.
- Add the butter and stir until the butter is melted.
- Heat the milk in the microwave, in a glass measuring cup until hot, not boiling.
- Stir into the potatoes, garlic, water, and butter in the large bowl.
- You can use a hand mixer if you like.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was a good base but my mashed potatoes turned out runny . Had to boil more potatoes to make the consistency right which threw off my timing for getting out everything together. I added some fresh parsley (which I always have on hand) to bring In some more flavor. All in all it was a good recipe, not great. Would use another one next time.
These did not taste enough like garlic for me. Also, there was too much milk, so use less and then add some if you want more. I used an electric mixer and considering there was also too much milk if you use the full 3/4 cup the texture was much too smooth and wispy.
Yummy! I got to try out my new ricer and loved the fluffiness of the potatoes. Thanks! Made for PAC-Sept. 2009.