Recipe by D1gitalR1ze
I came up with this based off of an immersion of a Garlic Shrimp Risotto, Chicken Rice, and Garlic Mashed Potatoes. I served this with a breaded, garlic chicken and artichoke halves. Very tasty!
Top Review by Charlotte J
This is very easy to make. I used Knorr Oxo Chicken Bouillon packets and Penzeys Granulated Garlic Powder. When I saw that 1 tablespoon of garlic powder was recommend, I was a little concerned. So 1 teaspoon was used and that was more then plenty. The next time I make this, I'll add 1 garlic clove (minced) to the pan at cooking time. I'm adding this to my "Encore Cookbook". Made for Best of 2011 Cookbook
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup white rice
- 1 tablespoon fat free sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup lowfat parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 1 Cup Water & bouillon or Chicken Broth to a boil in saucepan.
- Add Rice, cover, and place on low heat for 15-18 minutes (depends on how hard you want the rice in the end).
- After rice has reached desired hardness, remove cover and add Sour Cream, Parmesan, Garlic Powder and Black Pepper. Mix well and continue to let simmer.
- If rice fails to soften anymore to your preferred texture, add small amounts of water and stir until preferred texture is reached.