Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I came up with this based off of an immersion of a Garlic Shrimp Risotto, Chicken Rice, and Garlic Mashed Potatoes. I served this with a breaded, garlic chicken and artichoke halves. Very tasty!
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup white rice
- 1 tablespoon fat free sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup lowfat parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- Bring 1 Cup Water & bouillon or Chicken Broth to a boil in saucepan.
- Add Rice, cover, and place on low heat for 15-18 minutes (depends on how hard you want the rice in the end).
- After rice has reached desired hardness, remove cover and add Sour Cream, Parmesan, Garlic Powder and Black Pepper. Mix well and continue to let simmer.
- If rice fails to soften anymore to your preferred texture, add small amounts of water and stir until preferred texture is reached.
This is very easy to make. I used Knorr Oxo Chicken Bouillon packets and Penzeys Granulated Garlic Powder. When I saw that 1 tablespoon of garlic powder was recommend, I was a little concerned. So 1 teaspoon was used and that was more then plenty. The next time I make this, I'll add 1 garlic clove (minced) to the pan at cooking time. I'm adding this to my "Encore Cookbook". Made for Best of 2011 Cookbook
Yum! This was very tasty. Not too cheesy or creamy. I will definitely make again. Thanks!
This rice is crazy good! Simple to make and so much flavor. I did cook my rice very soft and "mashed" it with the other ingredients. So good - just loved this - thanks for sharing a keeper!