Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The trick is to roast the garlic ahead of time to give it that wonderful restaurant quality taste.
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 -10 red potatoes
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or more as needed)
- Drizzle olive oil over garlic and roast in a 325° oven for approximately 15-20 minute.
- At the same time quarter your potatoes leaving skins on. Cover with water and boil until tender.
- Allow garlic to cool slightly then remove cloves and mash in deep bowl.
- Add potatoes, butter, milk salt and pepper.
- Mash well adding milk as needed to create a creamy mash.
Made it for Thanksgiving and loved it. It was VERY garlicy to the taste right after I made it but after sitting in the fridge overnight it turned out perfect. Thank you, I will use this again.
Tastes great, the preparation of the garlic really brings out the flavor! While mashing with the skins on doesn't produce 'pure white' mash it has a lot more wholesome taste.