Recipe by Tiggrr
The trick is to roast the garlic ahead of time to give it that wonderful restaurant quality taste.
Top Review by Koshka
Made it for Thanksgiving and loved it. It was VERY garlicy to the taste right after I made it but after sitting in the fridge overnight it turned out perfect. Thank you, I will use this again.
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 -10 red potatoes
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or more as needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drizzle olive oil over garlic and roast in a 325° oven for approximately 15-20 minute.
- At the same time quarter your potatoes leaving skins on. Cover with water and boil until tender.
- Allow garlic to cool slightly then remove cloves and mash in deep bowl.
- Add potatoes, butter, milk salt and pepper.
- Mash well adding milk as needed to create a creamy mash.