Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another fabulous way to serve potatoes
- 1 kg potato, quartered
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 140 ml milk
- 1 ounce breadcrumbs
- 1 ounce gruyere, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- Cook the potaotes in a big pan of water until soft. Drain well. Place the pan back on the heat. Melt the butter and cook the garlic for 1 min to soften, then stir inthe milk and heat through. Return to the potatoes to the mash until smooth.
- Heat the oven 180c/fan/160/gas4. Spoon the mixture into a 20x30cm baking dish.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs , cheese and thyme over the top.
- If making for the freeze, freeze at this stage.
- Cook for 15 mins until the crumbs are crisp and the cheese has melted.
- To cook from frozen simply cook for 1hr 10mins.