Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Why buy Caesar Salad dressing when you can make your own in minutes? You can "play around" with the recipe, less garlic/more garlic etc.. I have been making this dressing for about twelve years and love it. It is a strong dressing so a little goes a long way.
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- In a blender beat egg white, salt, pepper and sugar till frothy (about 20-30 seconds).
- While the blender is still on open the hole in the blender lid, slowly drizzle in 1/2 of the vegetable oil (mixture will become much thicker). With blender still on slowly add the rest of the ingredients (except reserved oil). Blend until smooth. Now once again, slowly drizzle in reserved vegetable oil while blender is on. Once again, the dressing will become thicker. Pour dressing into a glass jar with at tight fitting lid.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Nice salad dressing. The mustard flavor stood out a bit too much for our family so I will try it again with more garlic and less mustard. Served the traditional way with romaine lettuce, chicken strips and shaved parmesan cheese.
This was excellent! I skimped on the oil a bit and added a whopping 5 cloves of garlic in order to use less dressing (to cut down on fat) but still have tons of garlic flavor. It was wonderful tossed with fresh romain hearts, croutons and hardboiled egg yolk (I used the one left over from the dressing making). I daresay it outshone the pasta we had as the main course ;-)