- 12 -15 garlic cloves, cracked away from skins (I only use 12 and I am a serious garlic lover!)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, 30 pieces, peeled and deveined (ask for easy peel shrimp)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 toothpick (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Process garlic in food processor to finely chop.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add oil and butter. Add garlic and crushed pepper flakes to oil and butter. Season shrimp with salt and toss to coat. Add shrimp to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until pink and heads curl to tails. Add black pepper, to your taste. Serve immediately.