Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is Rachael Ray's and it is fabulous! It is for serious garlic lovers only. Serve it at your next party and watch it disappear!
- 12 -15 garlic cloves, cracked away from skins (I only use 12 and I am a serious garlic lover!)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, 30 pieces, peeled and deveined (ask for easy peel shrimp)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 toothpick (optional)
- Process garlic in food processor to finely chop.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add oil and butter. Add garlic and crushed pepper flakes to oil and butter. Season shrimp with salt and toss to coat. Add shrimp to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until pink and heads curl to tails. Add black pepper, to your taste. Serve immediately.
This was very easy and very good. I added some parsley and hit it with lemon juice at the end. Came out great!
Excellent shrimp for us true garlic lovers. I used 10 cloves of garlic and only 1/2 teaspoon of the crushed red pepper flakes which turned out perfect for us. This is a winner for sure. Thanks for sharing, Little Bee. Can't wait to make it agaiin.
We thought this was pretty good... it was missing something though. I don't know... plenty of garlic (yum), but something would have really kicked it up. We thought it was good.