Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Has your spouse ever told you that you perpetually smell like garlic? Do you relish the unmistakable scent of Italian food? If so this recipe's for you. This highly flavorful cold-serve pasta salad is sure to be a hit with the family and with a heaping pile of peas per serving it's a great way to get the kids to eat their vegetables and actually enjoy it! *Take heart: If this recipe is too garlicky for you just adjust the amount of minced garlic until you find your own desired strength.
- 453.59 g cavatappi pasta (or other stout pasta variety)
- 354.88 ml sweet peas
- 1-2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 7.39 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 9.85 ml dried thyme
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml garlic paste (optional)
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced (or to taste)
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, shredded (use about 2/3rds as much grated parmesan if that's all that's available, it packs tighter)
- 158.51 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 158.51 ml mayonnaise
- Cook pasta per instructions until al dente.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients.
- Let chill in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
I loved this, as did all who tried it. A simple dish, but tasty because to the fresh herbs, tomatoes, and peas. I used 1-2 TBS fresh basil, and about 1 TBS of Thai basil, too. I didn't use quite as much milk and lite mayo as called for, but did add some before serving, as it was a little dry. Thanks, Jan