Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Has your spouse ever told you that you perpetually smell like garlic? Do you relish the unmistakable scent of Italian food? If so this recipe's for you. This highly flavorful cold-serve pasta salad is sure to be a hit with the family and with a heaping pile of peas per serving it's a great way to get the kids to eat their vegetables and actually enjoy it! *Take heart: If this recipe is too garlicky for you just adjust the amount of minced garlic until you find your own desired strength.
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta (or other stout pasta variety)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet peas
- 1 -2 medium tomato, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic paste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (use about 2/3rds as much grated parmesan if that's all that's available, it packs tighter)
- 2⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- Cook pasta per instructions until al dente.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients.
- Let chill in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.