Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
this is a very rich sandwich and very garlicy. slice it in about 1 inch pieces as a little goes a long way.
- 1 loaf fresh French bread
- 5 stalks celery, with, the, strings, removed
- 6 heads garlic, peeled
15 slices of each of the following
- capacola ham
- genoa salami
- mozzarella cheese
- provolone cheese
- 25 black olives
- 25 green olives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- in a food processor add the celery,garlic,olives and olive oil.
- process on high until the consistancy of paste.
- slice the bread in half length wise.
- gently pull out the bread on the top of loaf leaving a small layer at the top.
- spread the paste on the entire top.
- next layer the motzerella cheese then the salami then the provalone cheese then the peperoni then the motzerella then the capacola ham and then the provalone.
- continue this until you have three layers ending with cheese.
- wrap in heavy aluminum foil (wrap the entire loaf).
- put in the oven on 350 for 40 minutes.
- let it rest for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
I made this for my husbands family reunion. It was nice for a picnic on a hot day. It was delicious but I only used six cloves of garlic since I thought 6 heads of garlic was a typo. I also just used honey ham, and hard salami, but I would say it was still pretty darn good.