Recipe by JustJanS
One of my favourite mashes, and worth the extra effort of preparing the garlic cloves first.
Top Review by Mille®
A must-add for the cookbooks of all garlaholics. While the garlic was cooking, I sauteed a chopped sweet onion until it was turning brown and mixed it in with the spuds. Delicioso!
- 2 -3 heads garlic, seperated into cloves (depending on your love of garlic)
- 60 g butter
- 1 1⁄4 kg potatoes, peeled and cut up
- salt and pepper
- 125 ml whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring some water to the boil and drop in the garlic.
- Boil for 2 minutes, drain and peel.
- Melt half the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat and add the garlic.
- Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes, shaking the pan often.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender-15-20 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Mash the potatoes, and return them to the pan with the remaining butter, salt and pepper.
- Mash the cooked garlic with a fork, and stir in the cream, heat this mixture, then beat it into the potato mix.
- Fold through most of the chives-reserving a few for garnish-and serve.