Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fast dip, great for last minute company. It improves while it sits, but it doesn't need meld time to be ready to serve right away. This recipe was created through improvising on a couple of recipes I found online. ** Garlic lovers only!** The fresh garlic is the prominent flavor in the dip. (If you can't get Old Bay Seasoning in your area, you might want to add some cayenne for a little kick.)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground if possible
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. (I use a wand blender in a tall bowl for easy clean up.).
- Serve with cut up vegetables, whole wheat pita or, our favorite, Triscuits.
Yes, definiately for garlic lovers... and luckily we are. No Old Bay seasoning here in The Netherlands so I spiced it up quite a bit with cayenne, which balanced out the garlic well since my cloves were BIG! This dip is very filling so a little goes a long way indeed... and I served mine with taco chips as we also can't get Triscuits here. Some smaller snack salt type biscuits would have gone well too. Please see my rating system: a nice recipe that I think I will keep for a crowd, or will cut in half next time simply becuase it's an amazingly filling appitiser. Thanks!