Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very tasty recipe I came up with by throwing together a bunch of my favorite ingredients that are always on hand. I would have used egg noodles, but didn't have any on hand so I substituted fettuccini instead and it was absolutley decadent!! Recipe is for one but can easily be doubled or tripled. I never measure so my measurements are apporoximate but it's almost all a matter of taste.
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 16 -18 ounces butter
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 pinches dill weed (to taste)
- 3 pinches salt (again, to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Sautee all ingredients except chicken over medium heat until tender (about 7-8 minutes).
- Meanwhile, butterfly chicken breasts lengthwise almost all the way through creating a pouch for the filling.
- Add some of the mushrooms and sauce mixture to the inside pouch in the chicken breast.
- Seal the chicken up using several toothpicks.
- Place the chicken breasts into a small pyrex dish or meatloaf pan and pour the remaining mushroom & sauce mixture over the chicken breasts to coat.
- Bake in oven at 400 for 25-30 minutes until no longer pink inside, re-basting chicken in juices at least once halfway through cooking.
- Serve over buttered noodles, fettuccini or other pasta of choice using remaining sauce to coat noodles.
Check out the nutrition facts before making this...A POUND OF BUTTER PER SERVING?!?!?!