Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is just oozing with garlic and very filling -- guaranteed to take care of that hole in your stomach in less than 30 minutes!
- 3 large potatoes, quartered
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 9 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- Make a marinade by slicing the lemon in half and squeezing its juice into a bowl, add 2 tbs olive oil and about half the garlic.
- Run a sharp knife along the length of the chicken breast, almost cutting the meat in half.
- Spread the olive oil mixture on the inside of the breast, wrap it in cling film and put in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take potatoes and boil them in a saucepan for 10-15 minutes or until nearly cooked through.
- When potatoes are parboiled, remove them from pot and rinse with cold water until cooled.
- Peel if desired and cut quarters into slices.
- Heat remaining oil in frying pan and add garlic, onion and potatoes.
- Squeeze juice from remaining half lemon over potatoes, sprinkle with sage and leave to cook for about 5 minutes, turning every once in a while.
- Pile potatoes onto serving plates and put chicken in the frying pan.
- Cook until done, turning as needed.
- If you want a lower fat option, the chicken can also be grilled in the oven.
- Put chicken on plate and serve, with a salad on the side if you're really hungry!
Thought this was really good. The only thing I would change is to salt and pepper it to taste before serving, but otherwise a fabulous recipe. Thanks!
5 star all the way! My company raved about this dish. I doubled the recipe using 16 cloves of garlic and unfortuneately I had to use dried sage but it worked.(1 tsp) I marinated the chicken all day, boilerd the potatoes in the AM and only had the final touches to do before dinner Thanks Sackville Girl, great recipe