1/1 Photo of Garlic Lover's Burger
Buckeye Karen's Note:
If you're like me, you just can't get enough of that beautiful bulb, garlic. This recipe produces a savory burger with an interesting flavor that is sure to please the palate. This recipe should work equally well with ground turkey, though I haven't tested that. Please note the variations listed in the ingredients and directions. Note: I *LOVE* herbs, so if the cilantro, garlic, etc., seems a bit strong to you, vary to your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef (or chuck or sirloin)
- 1/8 cup dried cilantro (or a handful of fresh chopped cilantro)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger paste
- fresh ground pepper (peppercorn medley)
- 4 buns (one for each patty)
Optional (see notes in directions)
- 1Mix all ingredients together (except ground pepper) and form into patties of your preferred size and thickness.
- 2Grill burgers to your preferred doneness (rare to well-done). Crack fresh ground pepper over the burgers as they grill.
- 3If desired, salt burger to taste and top with cheese in the last minute or so of grilling so that it melts down over the burger. Burger already has soy sauce, so I find that salt is unnecessary.
- 4Place burger on your favorite bun, add toppings, and dig in!
- 5Options: Add any of the optional ingredients to the mix before grilling. Fresh minced onions add alot of flavor, but not everyone likes onions. Adding black beans is an easy way to bulk up the mix and add some great fiber and nutrition. You might wish to try just half a can the first time, if you're unsure you'll like them. For burgers that verge on meatloaf, add about 1/4 cup of spaghetti or pizza sauce to the mix (and/or top the formed patties with additional sauce when grilling).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Lover's Burger
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.9
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1039.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 27.2 g