Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is another clipped recipe, originally from Epicurious. Serves 2 but can easily be doubled.
Make and share this Garlic Lime Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 1 pinch cayenne or 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- 10 large uncooked shrimp, in shells
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped fresh or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- Melt butter in a medium-heave skillet over medium heat.
- Mix in the next six ingredients.
- Sauté for 30 seconds and add shrimp.
- Sauté shrimp until they are opaque in centre, about 3 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Stir in parsley and serve over rice or pasta.
I love the flavors of garlic and lime with shrimp, but the Worcestershire really threw this off for me. The kids did not like it either. DH ate without complaint, but didn't ask for more. I normally love Wor. sauce, but I guess more for red meats rather than seafood.
These were some of the best shrimp i ever made! fantastic caribbean flavors, my side with it was a lime and cilantro rice that was a great complement to them
Delightful, the ramped-up scampi sauce is scrumptious, not very spicy, but the lime zest sets it apart. I'm on WW, so I was able to limit how much sauce I ate, while DH made sure he had as much as he could possibly desire. Served with Roasted Asparagus With Parmesan #304007 as a perfect side. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Lorrie! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.