Recipe by Heather Pratt
I came up with this recipe because my husband loves pork chops and I was tired of eating them. It turned out to be so good, I wont make them any other way. The pork chops have a great lime flavor with a little kick. I always serve with rice and veggies. This recipe is for 2, but I have made it for 4. Just use smaller half inch pork chops.
- 2 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 -2 green onion, chopped
- 1 lime
- 2 -3 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse pork and place in dish to marinate. Stab pork with a fork till there are plenty holes. Cut the lime in half and squeeze both halves over the pork. Sprinkle salt & pepper and garlic powder over one side of pork. Cover and place in fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil and green onions over medium heat.
- Place pork chops in skillet seasoned side down and sprinkle adobo and creole seasoning on top side of pork. (go heavy on the creole seasoning for a spicy kick).
- Cover and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Uncover and turn pork over. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Continue turning pork over every 5 minutes until pork is completely cooked.
- Serve with rice.