Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can also use this recipe for Tuna Steaks or other fish on a broiling pan in the oven.
- 2 -3 limes, juice of or 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 mahi mahi fillets, 1-inch thick
- Preheat grill.
- Combine and whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, ground ginger, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Using aluminum foil, form an open "packet" to allow fish to sit in garlic-lime mixture for easier grilling.
- Coat bottom of foil with cooking spray or butter to prevent fish from sticking.
- Place the fish in the packet and brush with about half of the dressing and reserve the rest.
- Place packet on the grill, and cook to desired temperature, flipping only once.
- Brush mahi mahi steaks once again with the remaining dressing after flipping.
My family thought is was great! since we dont have a grill we put it in the oven, and added lemon pepper to the top of the fish. nice recipe, will make it again :)
I baked it in the oven at 425 degrees for 25 minutes and it was just nice, moist and flaky. Calories are reasonably low too.
We loved it, and will try it on chicken next. It was raining, so we used a cast iron skillet. It was perfect!