From my calendar! YUMMO!!! cook time includes marinating time.
Make and share this Garlic-Lime Chicken Wings With Chipotle Mayonnaise recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lime, zest of
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted & crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 24 chicken wings
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 -3 chipotle chiles in adobo, drained & minced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Combine chicken & marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag, squish around to combine & coat thoroughly & refrigerate 2-4 hours, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, stir together all mayonnaise ingredients & refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat grill or broiler. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Gril or broil 12-14 minutes until browned & juices run clear, turning once. Serve with avocado slices & use mayonnaise as a dipping sauce.
Deliciously messy! Come hungry and leave your dignity at the door. (My husband especially loved the chipotle mayo.) Made for A-NZ#61 recipe tag.
I've been making this recipe ever since it was first published in Cooking Pleasures years ago. Some suggestions: * Pierce all the wings with a fork * Separate your wing pieces before cooking * Marinate for 8-24 hours to allow the marinade to penetrate the meat * Cook over medium-high heat, watch for flare-ups, and get the skin crispy before turning each piece
The chipotle sauce was great with loads of heat. Next time, I will use 1-2 chipotles (3 was too spicy). I used chicken legs (with skin). The chicken tasted a little bland but when smeared with the chipotle sauce it was good. Thank you for the posting.