Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious, savory one pot meal! A great way to use up leftover spaghetti noodles! If possible, use a summer shandy or similar beer.
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 4 -6 chicken breasts
- 8 ounces beer
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, clippings
- 2 limes, juice of
- 4 cups whole wheat spaghetti (thin noodles)
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, shreds
- Saute garlic in the olive oil, add the juice of one lime. Nestle in the chicken breasts and fry on high heat to brown up the outsides real well. Pour in about 2 tbsp of the beer, and let simmer down on high heat.
- Remove the chicken to cut into bite sized pieces (probably not done yet, but that’s ok). While you are cutting the chicken, the sauces in the pan are still doing their thing.
- Return the chicken to the pan and let them cook in the scrumptious saucy bits of goodness for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the vinegar, mustard, brown sugar in a cup. Pour it over the chicken chunks and stir.
- Start sauteeing the zuchinni in some olive oil with a little sea salt.
- After about 3 minutes of that getting settled, add in the remainder of the beer, the lime juice, and the basil. Let everything cook until sauce is thickened - just a couple minutes.
- Toss with cooked pasta & zuchinni, top with asiago & serve with a salad. YUM!