This came from my friend Liz's recipe box. Few ingredients but great flavor, chicken always turns out moist. She makes extra to have leftovers for Mexican Lime Chicken Soup.
- Whisk together lime juice, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, turning to coat. Marinate chicken, covered and refrigerated, turning once or twice, for at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Put a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and arrange skin side up, without crowding, in a shallow baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper. Roast until just cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
- If chicken has a skin, turn oven to broil. Broil chicken about 2 inches from the heat until skin is crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges.