Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This came from my friend Liz's recipe box. Few ingredients but great flavor, chicken always turns out moist. She makes extra to have leftovers for Mexican Lime Chicken Soup.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 chicken breast halves, rinsed and patted dry (2 lbs. total, with or without skin)
- lime wedge
- Whisk together lime juice, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, turning to coat. Marinate chicken, covered and refrigerated, turning once or twice, for at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Put a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and arrange skin side up, without crowding, in a shallow baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper. Roast until just cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
- If chicken has a skin, turn oven to broil. Broil chicken about 2 inches from the heat until skin is crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges.
This is delicious! The first time I made this I placed my frozen chicken breasts in the marinade and left in the fridge overnight. We like it so well we made it again two nights later for some friends that were coming over. This time I was only able to leave in the marinade for about 2 hours. Was so moist and tasty, got rave reviews from everyone. But, from eating it two days earlier I do know that the flavor is much better when it's able to marinate longer. Either way it's delicious and will now be a regular meal in our home!
I used boneless skinless breasts and reduced the cook time to about 6 minutes per side 4 inches from broiler. These came out perfect and juicy with great flavor. Thanks for a great and easy recipe! Put the frozen breasts and marinade in a bag and let them thaw in the refrigerator. Minimal clean up- just the measuring cup, spoons, garlic press and one knife! Tossed the zip top bag and marinade and threw the rest in the dishwasher! Very very nice. We were out of propane :( discovered at the last minute, but I really wanted to grill these. I am sure they would be amazing! Broiled them on a broiler pan covered in foil- again- easy clean up! Served with Easy Low Fat Oven Roasted Peppered Potato Wedges and a green salad. Very easy and week day friendly meal for anyone with a busy schedule. Much healthier than fast food but still faster than delivery or driving somewhere!Thanks so much Steph! *Made for Beverage Tag*
Wow I marinated mine for 24 hours and I was worried that it was for too long but alas it was not. The chicken came out wonderfully I will make it again and again just like that.