Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This came from my friend Liz's recipe box. Few ingredients but great flavor, chicken always turns out moist. She makes extra to have leftovers for Mexican Lime Chicken Soup.
- Whisk together lime juice, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, turning to coat. Marinate chicken, covered and refrigerated, turning once or twice, for at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Put a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and arrange skin side up, without crowding, in a shallow baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper. Roast until just cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
- If chicken has a skin, turn oven to broil. Broil chicken about 2 inches from the heat until skin is crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges.
As was we really enjoyed this marinade and the boneless skinless chicken breasts (3 at about 180 grams each) were cooked to perfection by the DH on the B-B-Q and we thoroughly enjoyed but would like to go a bit further with it and maybe add some finely sliced hot chilli to the marinade to add a little zing factor. Thank you Kitchen Witch Steph for a lovely chicken marinade recipe, made for All You Can Eat Buffet tag game.
I used the marinade on skinless, boneless breasts and threw them on the grill. I used EVOO and a fresh lime for the marinade. They were very good. A lot of flavor even though I only marinaded them for an hour and a half. It was a last minute decision for dinner. I was trying to find a new idea for chicken. I can't wait to make it again when I have more time to let them sit in the marinade.
We loved how moist this made the chicken. Made it exactly except cut recipe in half. Also used seasoning salt and black pepper. Yummy!!