Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The bright, fresh flavor of lime sparks up a simple chicken for the grill or the broiler. Too tasty to believe that its healthy! Removing the skin cuts the cholesterol. Adding a little heart-healthy olive oil preserves the juiciness. Its nice and quick too because, unlike many recipes of the sort, it does not require long marinating.
- 5 -6 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 -2 tablespoon white wine (optional)
- Whisk together everything except the chicken in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Let sit for 15 minutes. Toss again.
- Grill or broil quickly on medium-high heat until just barely done.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Tip -- For the maximum flavor and juiciness I recommend the use of bone-in chicken parts.
- Tip -- if doing your own chicken parts (see Recipe #232601 ), its easiest to remove the skin by grasping it with a wet, lint-free dishcloth.
- Note -- Cooking time may vary due to the specific parts chosen.
- Note -- Recommended for OAMC. Freeze it in the marinade and grill when thawed.
This was a good recipe. I made this as a OAMC recipe, making the marinade and dumping the chicken in with it. I then froze it, thawed, drained and baked in the oven. It was good. Very limey! I bet it would be very good grilled.
Very good I put mine in the crock pot. We love the flavors. Thank you for posting!!!!
Tagged for Freeze It Tag in the OAMC Forum. We made this as written with no changes and found it to be a nice 4 star grilled chicken using skinless boneIN chicken thighs. We grilled half the recipe and froze the other half in a zip top bag - double bagged just in case. You can read more about that here: http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=223661&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180 We found that the chicken that we froze and grilled had a better flavor than the chicken we grilled without freezing. Freezing it made this a 5 star recipe! Highly recommend this for OAMC!