Recipe by Tinamama
I found this in a cookbook somewhere...it's SOO good! We can't get enough of this in our house! You can even make it just by sprinkling the seasoning on the chicken, not measuring it. It still turns out really good!
Top Review by Beanarama
This was pretty good and lite. My fiance and I really liked the flavor, but the sauce really wasn't a sauce that you can coat the chicken with. I just thought it would be a little thicker. But I will definitely make it again. Thanks!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- On a dinner plate, mix together the first 7 ingredients. Sprinkle mixture on both sides of chicken.
- In a skillet, heat butter and oil together over medium-high. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes each side.
- Remove chicken and add lime juice and chicken broth to the pan, whisking up the browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Keep cooking until sauce has reduced slightly.
- Add chicken back to the pan to thoroughly coat and serve.
- Serve with garlic mashed potatoes (add garlic powder to the potatoes).