Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
this salad is a staple in my kitchen.i make it whenever i have fresh lettuce in the home. sometimes i like to have fun in changing how i cut the veggies in the salad, for instance instead of shredding carrots i cut them into fine stripes and so with other veggies, it's really up to you. i usually put the dressing on the salad and leave it for about 30-60 minutes for the flavours to be incorporated in the salad.
- 1⁄2 cup drained beet juice
- 1⁄2 lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dash sesame seeds
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium carrot, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped including green parts
- 1 cup beet, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, finely sliced
- make dressing and set aside.
- put all salad ingredients in a bowl and pour dressing over.
- serve and enjoy.
A lovely simple salad making great use of my leftover beet juice, thanks for posting!
This is a nice salad and the dressing is light and refreshing. Thanks for posting! Reviewed for Pick-A-Chef.
I really enjoyed this recipe - I did not use all the dressing as it made a lot. I also roasted the sesame seeds and used more than the recipe - it was great - I served it with lamb that I had marinaded in spices. thanks for posting