1/2 Photos of Garlic Lentil Soup
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This may take a bit of time to make but it is one of my favourite comfort foods, especially on a nippy winter day. From Cooking for Diabetics by Michekke Berriedale-Johnson
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the lentils, onions, garlic, carrot, oil, bay leaves, marjoram or oregano and stock into a large saucepan.
- 2Bring to the boil and then simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 3Remove bay leaves and add the red wine vinegar as well as the salt and pepper to taste.
- 4You can thin the soup out if you like with a little stock or water before serving.
- 5To freeze: Freeze in a rigid container.
- 6To reheat: Thaw and heat through.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.5
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: