Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From 2010 Taste of Home Annual Recipes, submitted by A Russell, Florence, SC. "Serve with crusty bread to soak up all of the delicious, garlicky sauce."
- 1 lb large shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced (I minced the cloves & added at the end)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (I omitted)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced (I used basil)
- In a large skillet, saute shrimp in oil for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, lemon juice, cumin and salt; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Stir in parsley. Serve with pasta or rice.
So many of my favorite things in one dish! Fresh lemon juice is a must. Using the amounts as given, there isn't extra sauce, so adjust as needed for your pasta, rice or bread.
These were lovely shrimp Ms. Poppy. We really enjoyed this tasty dish. It was so quick and easy to make with wonderful results. The shrimp were plump and juicy with a beautiful garlicky and lemon flavor, sheer perfection. I served them over thin noodles with big thick slices of garlic bread. Thank you for contributing to this wonderful meal. We love shrimp and will be enjoying them prepared this way again. Made for Best of 2013 .