Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From 2010 Taste of Home Annual Recipes, submitted by A Russell, Florence, SC. "Serve with crusty bread to soak up all of the delicious, garlicky sauce."
- 1 lb large shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced (I minced the cloves & added at the end)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (I omitted)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced (I used basil)
- In a large skillet, saute shrimp in oil for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, lemon juice, cumin and salt; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Stir in parsley. Serve with pasta or rice.
So many of my favorite things in one dish! Fresh lemon juice is a must. Using the amounts as given, there isn't extra sauce, so adjust as needed for your pasta, rice or bread.
These were lovely shrimp Ms. Poppy. We really enjoyed this tasty dish. It was so quick and easy to make with wonderful results. The shrimp were plump and juicy with a beautiful garlicky and lemon flavor, sheer perfection. I served them over thin noodles with big thick slices of garlic bread. Thank you for contributing to this wonderful meal. We love shrimp and will be enjoying them prepared this way again. Made for Best of 2013 .
Super simple, quick and delicious! For two of us I used 1/2 lb of shrimp but the full amount of everything else. I didn't have fresh parsely or basil, instead I cooked pasta to serve with this and tossed it with a little olive oil and butter, more lemon juice, cumin, garlic, S & P and a couple of tsp of pesto. The lemon/garlic/cumin is great flavor combination with the shrimp and the pesto in the pasta was a nice supporting addition with out being overwhelming. <br/>I'll definetly be making this again. Thanks for sharing , made for PAC 2013 Spring Safari.